Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB)
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Total Job Openings: 2
Job Posted: Jun 3, 2018
Job Deadline: Jun 24, 2018
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB), the Bangladesh chapter of Berlin-based Transparency International, works with a vision of Bangladesh where government, politics, business, civil society and the daily lives of the people are free from corruption. Its mission is to create and strengthen a social movement against corruption.
TIB is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Area Manager- Civic Engagement (CE) under its project titled BIBEC – Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change (October 2014-September 2019). The goal of the project is to promote a more enabling environment for reducing corruption. The specific objectives are to advocate for reforms in laws, policies, processes, practices, and oversight for improving governance in targeted institutions and sectors and to generate peoples’ demand for good governance and to strengthen citizen’s capacity to challenge corruption. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the selection process. Short-listing will be made on the basis of merit; all candidates meeting the minimum application criteria will be considered, but may not be short-listed.
Currently three (3) position is vacant.
- 01 position at anywhere in Bangladesh in 43 working locations
- 02 positions at Rangamati and Khagrachari
However, more candidates will be selected and put in the waiting list to fill up vacancies in near future.
Area Manager-Civic Engagement reportable to Programme Manager; As a member of the Civic Engagement Division, based in the field, the Area Manager-Civic Engagement will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate and implement all project activities with the guidance and advice of the Committee of Concerned Citizens (CCC);
- Maintain regular contact with core actors and other stakeholders to carry on regular interventions effectively;
- Coordinate the activities organized by the Youth Engagement & Support (YES) Group and YES Friends;
- Assist core actors in planning and implementation of activities in the given CCC area including logistic support to such events as advocacy meetings, face the public/public hearing, press conferences, seminars, workshops, theatre shows & cultural events etc.;
- Maintaining regular communications with local level government service delivery institutions and finding area of scope to collaborate. Assist CCC in organizing various awareness raising activities for strengthening social movement against corruption;
- Supervise the activities of Assistant Manager (F&A);
- Undertake issue based networking & collaborating activities with the likeminded institutions/agencies – GO/NGO/Media/individuals;
- Assist CCC to set up and conduct Advice and Information Desk (AI-Desk) – in house and satellite;
- Work in collaboration with, and assist, members of staff of other divisions in implementing CCC-level activities;
- Prepare periodic plan of work and progress report including best practice documentation i n Bangla and English;
- Discharge reporting and coordination role, as applicable, with Head Office; In collaboration with other members of the staff based in CCC, ensure overall administrative and financial management and coordination of activities of CCC-YES;
- Maintain different registers i.e. movement register, stock register etc;
- Arrange and participate in activities at CCC level including monthly meetings of CCC & YES and prepare reports thereof;
- Organize and participate in periodic sub-regional and regional meetings and Annual Conventions & different external meetings; and
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the authority
- The applicant, within the age limit of 40
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience is essential, preferably of which 2 years as head/in charge of an area office of a reputed NGO;
- Applications will be given preference from three hill districts of Chattogram Hill Tracts only for Rangamati and Khagrachari
- Candidates with experience in managing and coordinating social mobilization, community work, and youth mobilization would have advantage;
- Candidate with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of their education need not apply.
- Excellent communication skill in Bengali and English both written and oral is necessary for the position; and
- Candidates having motor driving skills would be given pr ef er ence
No of Vacancies:
NGO / Development
Preferred Business Area
NGO / Development
Tk. 59,379.00 per month,
Gross initial salary is Tk. 59,379.00 per month, plus other benefits (annual performance-based increment, c o st of living adjustment, contributory p r o v i d en t fund, gratuity, festival allowance and insurance) as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Must have a Masters preferably in a Social Science or any other subject relevant to governance and development;
Interested candidates must send their applications with complete details of academic performance, professional record and other relevant information using the prescribed Applicant Information Format which can be downloaded from the following link (http://tibmis.tibangladesh.org/vacancy). Applications without using this Format will not be considered. In addition to the duly filled up Applicant Information Format, please send a substantive application in one page arguing in favor of your candidacy in three parts – academic background, relevant experience and why you consider yourself competent for the position. Attach one recent passport size photograph and send to the following address by post/courier or email within June 24, 2018,
Please mention the position applied for in the email subject line or on top of envelop.
Senior Manager (Human Resources) Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) MIDAS Centre (Level 4 & 5), House # 05, Road # 16 (New) 27 (Old) Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1209. e-mail: email@example.com
TIB is an equal opportunity employer. However, women, minority and physically challenged candidates are preferred when the necessary qualifications and competencies are met. If an applicant is an immediate family member of anyone involved in TIB s/he must clearly mention it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special resolution of the Board of Trustees even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process. Any persuasion is treated as disqualification.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and all employees are committed to observing TIB Code of Ethics available in TIB website www.ti-bangladesh.org, which also contains further information about TIB’s work.
Before applying for your intended position, please read the following carefully.