We are recruiting for a Kitchen Porter, to provide support to our catering team, at a corporate site in Canary Wharf, London, E14. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our dedicated catering team, to oversee all kitchen logistics, cleaning and maintenance.
It is a requirement for the client that all staff be security cleared, as part of this clearance it is required for all applicants to have lived in the UK for 5 years or longer.
- To assist with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
- To ensure that all deliveries are put away, and stock correctly rotated.
- To maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCAP regulations.
- To wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, crockery, serving utensils, serving dishes, containers, tables, and all other catering equipment.
- To keep the kitchen floor area free of hazards at all times.
- To sweep and mop the kitchen floor daily.
- Ensure the food storage areas are kept clean and well organised
- Ensure walls, work surfaces and floors are kept clean and sanitised
- To clean on a daily basis all catering areas and equipment to standards laid down by Autograph.
- To undergo on and off the job training sessions as required by Autograph management.
- To inform the Kitchen Porter Manager of any defects identified in light or heavy equipment or of premises not meeting Health and Safety and/or Food Safety Standards.
- Such other related duties as are required to ensure the kitchen is in a clean and hygienic condition and that the food service is effective and efficient.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and customers
- To undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the catering establishment.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience advantageous., however training will be provided
- Good standard of personal hygiene.
- Previous training in Food Safety and Health & Safety or willingness to be trained in these areas.
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
About the company
Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
Additional information for internal applicants
Please ensure that you discuss your application with your current line manager before formally applying. Please note that internal job moves are subject to the standard terms for the post being advertised. Enhanced terms cannot be honoured.