Demi Chef De Partie (Cold Section)
Published on: Jun 14, 2018
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: At least 4 year(s)
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Application Deadline: Jun 30, 2018
- Oversee the consistency of various preparations within the cold kitchen to ensure quality product and adherence to standard recipes.
- Prepares all cold food according to recipes, guidelines and standards set by the Executive Chef or hotel standards.
- Ensures that assigned work area has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily production sheets (based on house count), daily menus and banquets events.
- Always keep all refrigeration, equipment, storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- Delegates and assists in preparing of cold food items like salads, sushi, cold cuts, salad dressings etc.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Effectively communicate with other chefs and service staff in order to full fill and address any issues or needs requested by guests.
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef in menu development and implementation of banquet menus.
- Monitors waste and over production, as well as utilizes leftovers, ensures proper rotation and quality control.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning product as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Establish and oversee the production of bulk foods for supported outlets.
- Responsible for assisting Executive Chef in maintaining the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance of their areas.
- Assists Executive Chef in monitoring training of new employees to help them achieve higher status.
- Attend daily and weekly kitchen meetings.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested by the management.
- At least 4 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Must have a love and passion for food
- Good management and organizations skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve problems
- The ability to work in work environments that are openly diverse
- The ability to work without help and in a team