Logistics Officer, FT, NOA
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Contract Type: Fixed-term
- Contract Duration: 1 year, renewable
- Under the overall supervision of Head of Unit s/he will undertake the following duties:
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds.
- Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
- Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in the relevant field including at least three years in the field of transport/ commodity handling /warehousing.
- Experience coordinating with transportation providers and third parties.
- Experience leading a team of national staff.
- Experience assisting in project management.
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Familiarity with the current context of refugee emergency in Cox’s Bazar
- Fluency (level C) in English language, & native speaker of Bangla
- A team player with a positive attitude & optimistic approach.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good at communicating precisely & clearly.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the organisation.
- Flexibility & Ability to handle workload.
- Hard working, calm, clear head, logical
- Tk. 2627592 (Yearly)
Read Before Apply
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Address : UN Offices, IDB Bhaban, E/8-A, Rokeya Sharani, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh, GPO Box 2488, Dhaka-1000 Web : www.wfp.org/bangladesh
todayjobnews.com realize, in the Bangladesh government jobs is very dependable and well known profession specially who are finding government work. Anyway, If you are interested the …..job please, to follow our top mentioning job requirements which help you will get the job… Bank job..Private job…NGO job…other.. .Everybody trying to get superior job for their shine future, so for the user easy understanding we share full information about the job. Anyway, if you are finding another job news, you will get here, we have been providing jobs and education related all of news including exam result, bank exam result, job exam result, private job, bank job, government job, NGO job, international job, latest job, most recent job, private and government university jobs in Bangladesh, prothom alo jobs newspaper jobs in bd Bangladesh, all newspaper jobs in Bangladesh and more. Hope our job advertisement news helps the public who is job searching. Connect with us and visit regularly as well like Facebook page and join the group for getting time to time update news bulletin. Thanks for your time being.